Spring in to Action
With temperatures starting to pick up, March is a good month for getting back out into the garden and enjoying being out there. We have put together a checklist for things that we believe are important tasks that should be carried out during March.
Vegetables & Herbs
- Cover early vegetables with Horticultural Fleece to protect them. General Gardening
- Turn over soil in your garden borders with a Garden Spade or Fork, divide up any overcrowded flowers
- Remove weeds and moss from paths
- Cut for first time with a Lawn Mower this year if it's dry enough
- Redefine your lawn edges
- Lay High Quality Turf if you did not in the Autumn of last year
- Feed your fish if the weather has become warm enough, if it's still quite cold stick with a Wheatgerm Fish Food until it's warmed up some more.
- Replace your UV Lamp in your Pond UV Clarifier. Trees & Shrubs
- Plant any pot-grown roses or Climbing Plants •Renovate over-grown climbers
- Prune bush roses, climbing roses and coppice eucalyptus Flowers
- Sow wildflowers and hardy annuals •Plant and divide perennials •Plant lily bulbs and gladiolus corms Also....
- Clean the Greenhouse, and keep heating it, but water the plants sparingly.
- Sow tomatoes, chillies, sweet-peppers and aubergines in a Heated Propagator.